Micrometrics works with the world’s leading brands to power incredible customer experiences. We create intelligent experience management solutions that enable businesses around the globe to engage, analyze and respond to customers, helping to truly elevate “in-the-moment” experiences and build lasting relationships. Headquartered in Ottawa Canada, our team is passionate about creating new and exciting ways for driving change in the customer experience landscape.
As a part of the Micrometrics engineering team, you’re expected to create beautiful products that deliver exceptional functionality in an intuitive package. You’ll work with a team of smart, likeminded individuals, passionate about solving problems in the Customer Experience space. You’ll also be expected to enforce software development best practices, collaborate amongst a variety of teams and work together with engineering and product leads to execute on our product vision and deliver the next generation of customer experience tools.
Our process values great user experience and engineering excellence. This position requires demonstration of both in-depth technical knowledge and attention to detail. Our team is friendly, collaborative and values shipping products we’re all proud of.
What you’ll need:
- Previous experience with Ruby, Rails, Sinatra and RACK based web applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency building and working with SaaS applications.
- Strong understanding of database modeling, associations, optimization and query analysis.
- Proficiency in testing and debugging Rails/Ruby based applications, working with MiniTest, RSpec, Byebug, etc.
- A strong commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- A clear preference for simplicity.
- Demonstrate preference for selecting the right, not the easiest, solution.
- A genuine desire to grow and help others do the same.
You will be:
- Moving fast and shipping often.
- Creating products used around the world by millions.
- Working on our core Rails codebase, creating features and new products within our CX platform.
- Building internal tools to optimize and improve developer experience.
- Using engineering best practices to create long-term, maintainable solutions to challenging problems.
- Expected to enforce security best practices for Secure SDLC
- Working alongside existing engineers to support their success and champion best practices.
- Providing feedback in cross-functional teams to identify simple solutions to hard problems.
If you think this sounds like you, don’t hesitate to send us a message.
Use the “Apply” buttons below to send us your resume or send us an email at email@example.com and our team will follow up with you soon! ⚡️