- Full-Stack Developer (Rails)
MicroMetrics is a rapidly expanding startup company that is passionate about shaking up the real-world customer intelligence landscape. We work with many top brands in hospitality, retail and travel including InterContinental Hotel Group, Pearson International Airport and Starwood Hotels & Resorts. MicroMetrics is headquartered in Ottawa and has go-to-market partners in Asia, Europe and the US. Currently we are expanding the team at our Ottawa office.
As a developer here at MicroMetrics, you’re expected to create beautiful products that deliver exceptional functionality in an intuitive package. You’ll also be expected to enforce software development best practices, and work alongside engineering and product leads to properly execute on our product vision.
Our process is design-centric and values great user experience. This position requires demonstration of astute organization and attention to detail with both front-end and back-end technologies. Our team is friendly and collaborative and values shipping products we’re all proud of.
You’ll need to have:
- Worked extensively with Rails, Sinatra and understand RACK based web applications inside-out
- Demonstrated proficiency with front-end layouts (Bootstrap, Flexbox, etc) and at least one front-end framework (AngularJS, React, etc.)
- Possess strong database modeling and administrative skills
- A strong commitment to quality and attention to detail
- A clear preference for simplicity over complex
- A desire to grow and help others do the same
You will be:
- Moving fast and shipping frequently
- Working alongside a team of developers, supporting their success and championing best practices
- Providing feedback in cross-functional teams to identify simple solutions to hard problems
Please send your resume through LinkedIn Easy Apply or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will follow up with you shortly.