Working at Micrometrics
Micrometrics exists to help businesses create more meaningful connections with the people they serve. Since being founded in 2013 Micrometrics has grown to become a premier guest communication and experience management partner in the hospitality and travel industries.
With COVID-19 changing how we travel, work and communicate, Micrometrics is at the forefront of innovation in the B2C communication industry and we’re constantly looking for new and innovative ways to deliver streamlined communication and exceptional experiences.
Micrometrics is looking for an Intermediate/Senior Backend Developer, responsible for taking ownership of various pieces of backend functionality. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a closely-knit team, focused on solidifying our position in the hospitality and travel markets as travel begins to return, while assisting with iteration and experimentation in secondary markets. Your role will require a high level of precision and a strong focus on detail.
- Work with a small team to build features from start to finish
- Build APIs for consumption by front-end code
- Write robust automated tests to support your code
- Make good use of Object Oriented patterns to write code that is easy to understand and maintain
- Make informed decisions about implementation choices and be able to present them to others
- Working with product management to translate requirements into detailed tasks
- Estimating the level of effort required for tasks
- Working closely with the product team to plan efforts and determine what can be accomplished within our product sprints
- Helping to improve our processes and overall product quality
Skills – Required
- Writing comprehensive tests and working with automated test tools/suites
- Use of a distributed version control system (e.g. Git, Mercurial)
- Ability to test as you go and anticipate issues early in the development cycle to reduce QA efforts
- Knowledge of common design patterns, and when to use them
- Desire to keep things simple and avoid complex solutions
Skills – Nice to Have
The following skills are not required for this position though knowledge of some or all of these would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with Github Flow when working with codebases
- Familiarity with Jira and Github
- Experience working with cloud platforms
- Exposure to continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Familiarity with SPA frameworks (Vue, React, or others)
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with a small team in a fast paced environment
- Experience mentoring junior employees to help them succeed and contribute at a higher level
- This is a remote position though preference will be given to candidates located in Canada
- Our working hours are 9am to 5pm (EST). Candidates must be available to work six or more of their hours during these working hours.
For nearly a decade, Micrometrics’ mission has been to improve the communication experience between frontline workers and the people they serve. By enhancing face-to-face interactions and creating connections at scale, our clients leverage automations to improve Customer Experience (CX) and Operational Efficiency (OE) at participating locations.
We are now building a delightful, easy-to-adopt software platform that utilizes unique engagement methodologies, intelligent data collections workflows, and outcome automations that involve staff only when necessary. Currently serving industry-leading brands in lodging, hospitality, and travel, we are now looking to capitalize on the opportunity presented by COVID-19 to refine our technologies and help frontline staff in a number of fast-growing secondary market segments.