- PERSONAL DATA
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, birth date and gender. At the time of collection, we will clearly identify the information being collected. We aim to collect, use and disclose only personal data required to provide the Services, for identification and authentication purposes and for service improvement. We will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below) and we will just disclosure it towards the Business Partner that commissioned the survey and you are in connection with. We do not disclose your personal data to other third parties, unless you consent.
- DATA COLLECTION METHODS
- Data You Provide to Us. If you signup to participate in certain surveys, we collect basic contact information required to communicate with you and as required by the specific survey. Such information may include but not be limited to: your email address, name, room number and phone number. We will not share this personal data with third parties, except the business partner who commissioned the survey. If you agree to leave a review publicly, your username or stated name will be publicly visible with your review if it is published. If you respond to surveys and rate your satisfaction for an interaction with one of our Business Partners this information will be collected and shared with the business. For example, if you are dissatisfied with your stay at a hotel, a hotel representative may be able to assist you in real time. Accordingly, any personal data that you include in such communications together with your survey responses will be viewable by the Business Partner that commissioned the survey. For further information see further below under “Disclosures and Transfers of Information”.
- Survey Data. All data collected by surveys through the use of MicroMetrics services belongs to the Business Partner who commissioned the survey. We do not use, transfer or share survey data with any other parties except the Business Partner who commissioned the survey or as permitted by that business. For further information see further below under “Disclosures and Transfers of Information”.
- USE OF DATA COLLECTED
For our own purposes the data collected by us is used to provide the Services, respond to questions and enquires submitted through the survey and to administer the Services (for example check if they are working properly and data is being collected).
- DISCLOSURES AND TRANSFERS OF DATA
- Survey Data. If you are a guest or user of a Business Partner and you are using our Services in connection with your experience at that business, we may share data associated with your experience with the specific business (for example, if you respond to a survey administered by us). Survey responses you provide through the Services are hosted on our Website(s) and applications. Unless otherwise indicated at the time you respond to a survey, survey data (including your personal data) is kept confidential and is only accessible to the Business Partner who commissioned the survey.
We provide copies of all survey information you provide about a Business Partner through the Services to that Business Partner. These business partners are by contract with us only allowed to use the personal data collected by us for their internal business purposes. However, that Business Partner may have separate agreements with you regarding sharing of your survey response information and personal data so you should verify their data practices. If you have any questions about how your hotel handles your data you should contact them directly.
We are not responsible for content in the Services which has been provided by a Business Partner, such as survey questions and information about your experience with a specific Business Partner’s property, products or services. If you have any questions about business-provided content, or if you are a guest or user of one of our Business Partners and would no longer like to be contacted by that company, please contact that company directly.
- Public Reviews. If you have opted-in to complete a review on a review site, you will be emailed a link to complete a review at the end of your stay. Reviews are published publicly on the applicable review site once approved and will be published in accordance with applicable review site’s terms of services.
- Service Provision to MicroMetrics. From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve our Services. These third parties may have limited access to databases solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Services or for carrying out certain services on our behalf such as data hosting, analysis of data, quality assurance, technical support and customer service and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using your personal data for any other purpose.
- For European Users and Visitors: Transfer to “Third Countries”. Please note that MicroMetrics is located in Canada and may transfer the collected personal data to Canada and the United States of America (outside the European Economic Area). Your personal data will be hosted there. In case of Canada, the European Commission decided that this country ensures an adequate level of protection (Commission Decision of 20 December 2001, No. L 2/13). In case of the United States of America such an adequacy decision does not exist, however, MicroMetrics works with third party vendors that are EU-U.S. Privacy Shield certified and employs industry standard best practices for the safe transfer and retention of data consistent with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website: https://www.privacyshield.gov/. By using the Services and providing us with your personal data, you consent to such transfer of your personal data to these countries.
- DATA RIGHTS AND TERMS
- Retention. We will keep your personal data for as long as it remains necessary for our own purpose or the purpose of our business partner except you request the deletion of your personal data or withdraw your consent. In particular, we may retain certain data as necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse or to give our business partner the possibility to access historic data to look at trends in scores, comments etc.
- Your Rights.
- Right of access. You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you in order to verify the personal data we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your personal data at no cost.
- Right to rectification, erasure and restriction. You may also have the right to request the rectification, restriction or deletion of your personal data. Please note that you have the right to have incorrect data corrected or to have personal data deleted, where such claim is not barred by any legal obligation to retain this data.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to receive your personal data you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit your data to another controller.
- Right to withdraw. You have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time. Please note, that this withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes the European Data Protection Law.
- CONTACT US
Privacy Officer I Micro Metrics Inc. | 1-855-255-2005 | email@example.com
126 York St. Suite 301 Ottawa, Ontario K1N 5T5 Canada
Last Updated: May 18, 2018