- COLLECTION OF DATA GENERALLY
We aim to collect, use and disclose only information required to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes and for service improvement. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us when using Services or contacting us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
“Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, birth date and gender. At the time of collection, we will clearly identify the information being collected and the purposes for which it will be used. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, you may not be able to use the Services (for example, basic contact information may be required in order to participate in certain surveys through Helix). We may collect Personal Information through registration processes; communications with you; information downloads; user support; and surveys.
“Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, such as the domain used to access the Website, clickstream data, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and the type and version of browser or operating system being used by visitors to the Website. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors, what pages users access or visit, and average time spent on the Website is also Non-Personal Information.
- DATA COLLECTION METHODS
- Data You Provide to Us. If you contact us through the Website (including information shared during Live Chat) and/or if you signup to participate in certain surveys, we collect basic contact information required to communicate with you and as required by the specific survey. Such information may include but not be limited to: your email address and name. This Personal Information is private; we will not share it with third parties (except the company who commissioned the survey) but will use it to deliver the Services, for verification purposes and other service-related uses. If you agree to leave a review publicly, your username or stated name will be publicly visible with your review if it is published. If you respond to surveys and rate your satisfaction for an interaction with one of our Business Partners this information will be collected and shared with the business (for example, if you are dissatisfied with your stay at a hotel, a hotel representative may be able to assist you in real time). Accordingly, any Personal Information that you include in such communications together with your survey responses will be viewable by the Business Partner that commissioned the survey. Business Partners may also use that information for their internal purposes and may publish some of the survey information and data according to the terms of their own privacy policies so you should verify their data practices. For further information see further below under “Disclosures and Transfers of Information”.
- Data Provided to Us by Our Business Partners. Our service, Helix is provided to Business Partners and enables such companies to obtain valuable feedback on their services through surveys and other input provided by their guests. In order to provide the Helix service, our Business Partners may provide with users/guests’ names, email addresses, telephone numbers, postal addresses and information relating to a guest’s experience at a particular partner’s establishment (for example, if you were a hotel guest, the dates and location of your stay and preferences indicated to our business partner relating to your stay).
- Website Features. If you interact with certain features of our Website and Services, we will collect Personal Information from you in connection with that feature. In particular, to send you product updates if you have subscribed to receive them, for live chat (if you use that tool on the Website) and if you leave questions or comments on our blog.
- Product Updates. Although our Services are intended for business users, you can sign up to receive news and information about MicroMetrics and its Business Partners through the Website. If you do so, we will use your email address to provide you with product and service information about MicroMetrics. If you no longer wish to receive our product updates, you may opt out of receiving them at any time by following the instructions included in any of our product update emails.
- Live Chat on the Website. Our services are intended for business users and we use live chat to assist our Business Partners with sales questions and support questions from time to time. If you use our Website and try to use live chat but it is offline, we will collect your name and email address so that we can respond to your request at a later time.
- MicroMetrics Blog. Our Website includes publicly accessible blogs & community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your Personal Information from our blog, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information; in this event, we would let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Data Collected Automatically
- Clear Gifs – We may use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt-out of these emails, please see ‘Choice and Opt-out’.
- USE OF DATA COLLECTED
- Services. The data collected through the Services is used to provide services, administer accounts, respond to questions and enquires, follow-up on partner services and to otherwise administer the Services.
- Analytics. As with most technology companies, we gather Non-Personal Information individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the Website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to Personal Information.
- DISCLOSURES AND TRANSFERS OF DATA
- Business Surveys. If you are a guest or user of a Business Partner and you are using our Services in connection with your experience at that business, we may share data associated with your experience with the specific business (for example, if you respond to a survey administered by us). Survey responses you provide through the Services may be hosted on our Website(s) and applications. Unless otherwise indicated at the time you respond to a survey, survey data (including your Personal Information) is kept confidential and is only accessible to the business who commissioned the survey.
We provide copies of all survey information you provide about a Business Partner through the Services to that business. That Business Partner may have separate agreements with you regarding sharing of your survey response information and Personal Information. If you have any questions about how your hotel handles your information you should contact them directly.
We are not responsible for content in the Services which has been provided by a Business Partner, such as survey questions and information about your experience with a specific Business Partner’s property, products or services. If you have any questions about business-provided content, or if you are a guest or user of one of our Business Partners and would no longer like to be contacted by that company, please contact that company directly.
- Service Provision to MicroMetrics. From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the Website and/or the Services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Website and/or the Services or for carrying out certain services on our behalf such as data hosting, analysis of data, quality assurance, technical support and customer service and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our members for any other purpose.
- Legal Compliance. We may also share information with third parties in limited circumstances including when complying with legal processes, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, to protect your safety or the safety of others, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request. In the event that we are obligated by a legal request to provide a third party with access to this data, we will endeavour to notify you or the appropriate contact at your organization and co-ordinate accordingly unless prohibited by law.
- Note for European Users and Visitors. Please note that MicroMetrics may transfer collected information outside the European Economic Area. By using the Website and providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to such transfer of your Personal Information.
- OTHER IMPORTANT DATA RIGHTS AND TERMS
- Access and Accuracy: You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
- Security. MicroMetrics employs appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the safe collection, storage and safeguarding of data. Our servers are protected with generally available security technologies, including but not limited to firewalls and data encryption. These technologies are designed to prevent unauthorized access, howeve if there is any security incident we notify affected users promptly through our designated support channels. Despite the best practices we employ for security, we cannot guarantee absolute security and accordingly, Micrometrics assumes no liability for damages incurred as a result of potential loss or theft of data. For more information please contact MicroMetrics to inquire about our security policies or visit our Website.
- CONTACT US
Privacy Officer I Micro Metrics Inc. | 1-855-255-2005 | email@example.com
240 Bank St. Suite 500 Ottawa, Ontario K2P 1X4 Canada
Last Updated: December 4, 2015